- pie dough or your favorite prepared 9" double pie crusts
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large bowl, toss rhubarb with sugar, salt, and flour.
- Pour the mixture into pie shell and dot with small pieces of butter.
- Cover with top crust and pinch edges. Brush dough with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F, and continue baking for 40–45 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Let cool.
*If using fresh rhubarb, trim ends and cut lengthwise into 3/4" pieces. Remember—only the rhubarb stalk is edible. Be sure to trim the roots and leaves completely, as they are poisonous to humans.
Tips for Inspiration
The only thing that can make pie better? Ice cream! Be patient and wait until your rhubarb pie has cooled, then top it off with vanilla ice cream or another one of your favorite flavors.