MATERIALS & TOOLS
- cotton tarp
- fabric glue
HOW TO MAKE THIS PROJECT
- Start by making a template of your bag. I drew mine but you can find a lot of templates online.
- Cut out 2 parts of the bag in the tarp, remember to add 2" so you have gluing room.
- Fold in all the edges and glue them together.
- I glued parts of the bag together then let it dry for 15 minutes with heavy books on top.
- Glue the whole bag, let it dry overnight.
Tips for Inspiration
Want to give it a vintage touch? Use a well-worn tarp after giving it a good wash. For an extra oomph of personal style, go wild and splash the tarp with different colors of fabric dye. Go an extra mile with stencils, iron-on patches or buttons.