How to clean with baking soda and vinegar
Baking soda and vinegar have been used for decades as home cleaning solutions in the battle against dirt and grime. But what if we could give the power of baking soda and vinegar just a tad more oomph? That’s the question that inspired us to create our Baking Soda Cream Cleaner and Vinegar Gel No-Rinse Cleaner. They're classic must-haves on your cleaning supply list. Just ask Thelma. We even improved them a bit by making them more convenient to use and better smelling with Lemon Verbena scent.
WHAT IT IS
Also, known as sodium bicarbonate, this mildly abrasive cleaner is perfect for sprinkling on surfaces without having to worry about any scratching or leaving a gunky residue.
WHERE TO USE IT
Use it to clean and brighten tubs, sinks and showers. It also works wonders scrubbing away cooked-on grease and other tough grime in your kitchen.*
HOW WE MADE BAKING SODA EVEN BETTER
We added naturally abrasive limestone flour, which means our new Baking Soda Cream Cleaner won’t dissolve away before you’re done cleaning. Plus, a thick and creamy texture means that it stays put, rather than running all over.
HOW TO CLEAN WITH BAKING SODA
- COOKWARE Remove any leftover burnt pieces that have overstayed their welcome by soaking cookware in hot water and baking soda. After an hour, dump the water out, sprinkle a bit more baking soda and give the pot or pan a good scouring.
- SINKS & BATHTUBS To rid yourself of soap scum, put down a bit of baking soda and then scour it away with a sponge, cloth or bristle brush.
- STOVETOPS 3he best way to save yourself from a major headache is to wipe up spills right as they happen. When you do need to get rid of a tough stain, sprinkle a bit of baking soda on it and wipe away clean with a rag.
- FREEZERS After melting away the frost, dampen a rag with warm water and baking soda to wipe down the shelves and walls.
WHAT IT IS
You can make vinegar from all sorts of things, like fruit, rice, grain or fermented beverages. It’s active ingredient, acetic acid, cleans, dissolves and makes surfaces shine.
WHERE TO USE IT
Tackle all sorts of household chores, from cleaning appliances and countertops to making sinks and showers shine. Even the soap scum found on shower curtains and ceramic tiles are no match.**
HOW WE MADE VINEGAR EVEN BETTER
An updated design thickened it up a bit and added more application control, which means the days of splashes and drips are long gone. Also, not to brag, but you can’t find anything quite like our new Vinegar Gel No-Rinse Cleaner in your market.
HOW TO CLEAN WITH VINEGAR
* Avoid wood surfaces, mirrors and small appliances.
** Avoid wood surfaces, marble and soapstone.